With witches, goblins and ghosts out and about, Halloween boasts plenty of things to make us scared; our driving shouldn’t be one of them. During this dark and spooky time of year, let’s make sure our driving stays safe, so we can focus on having fun and eating candy.
On Halloween there is an increase of auto accidents between 6 – 9pm. Dr. Automotive wants to make sure you and your family stays safe. Here are 5 safety tips to follow:
- Avoid or limit driving at dusk. Most trick or treaters will head out just after the sunsets.
- Make sure all of your cars exterior lights are working- headlights, sidelights, reverse and brake lights.
- If you’re picking up or dropping off children for trick or treating make sure to inform others what you’re doing – use your hazard lights.
- Allow plenty of time to get to your destination. It’s a busy night; you could encounter delays.
- Turn down the radio and roll down your window so you can better hear approaching children.
Dr. Automotive can inspect your car’s exterior lights and make sure everything is working properly. We encourage you to drive alert, so that your Halloween is all treats!