Spring is here and soon summer travel season will be in full swing. When the weather gets warmer what adventures are you planning? Will your car be ready? With a few simple tips to spring clean your car, it will be all set to take you wherever you travel.
- Change the Air Filter– A clogged air filter reduces the amount of air your engine gets and can make the car feel sluggish to drive. It also decreases your fuel economy. If you haven’t changed your air filter in a while, now is the perfect time.
- Change your fluids– To keep your car running its best fluids like antifreeze and power steering fluids need to be changed out every so often.
- Check air pressure in your tires– Changes in outside temperature can affect the pressure in your car’s tires. Driving on tires with low air pressure reduces your gas mileage and can pose a safety hazard.
- Check your windshield wipers– Snow and ice can cause wear and tear on wiper blades. Being able to see out of your windshield is a matter of safety. If your wipers are worn out, replace them immediately. When spring-cleaning your car this is one area you don’t want to skip.
- The Battery– Check that the cable connections are tight and free of corrosion. If your battery is more than three years old consider having it tested to see how much life it has left.
Routine maintenance is the key to keep your vehicle running for years. For your cars spring-cleaning needs, let us at Dr. Automotive do a thorough inspection this spring before you hit the road.